Saturday 23 May 2015

Military Vehicle Events - 'Crank Up' and 'Battlegroup North'

April and May have seen two military vehicle events in this part of the world.  Firstly there was the 'Crank Up' event staged by the Yorkshire Group of the Military Vehicle Trust which is when we all meet  up at Cliffords Tower in York for the first meet up of the year.  Fortunately the weather gods were reasonably kind to us, and it didn't rain.  Best turn-out ever with over 90 vehicles in attendance.
-
-
-

-
It was after this event that I started with this strange noise from the trucks off-side front wheel.  Going to have the wheel off next month to investigate what it might be.  Ideas at the moment range from a stretched wheel nut, to a broken spring, it's very strange...

-
On the 9/10th May I went along to a second event, this time at Elvington Airfield for the 'Battlegroup North' event.  A Sherman tank was along for the event, and I managed to get the truck and it together for a pic.
-

-
I was helping crew a British 25pdr field gun, and did two shoots with it, myself in charge of the ammo box.
-
-
-
Here's a pic below I took of the gun in action crewed by my old friend Chris Jenkins and his two sons, Graham and Gareth.
-

-

-

No comments: