Saturday 28 February 2015

SAGA Game At The Harrogate Wargames Club

Had my first taste of the SAGA game at the club on Thursday.  SAGA for those who haven't heard about it is a skirmish figure game set in the Darkages - produced by Gripping Beast.
Up to recent I'd viewed the odd game from afar and hadn't really been inspired to try it.  However a game at the club a few weeks back looked such good fun I felt motivated to ask John Savage to run a game another game so that I could join in.  I dug out some very old 25mm Byzantines (mostly Irregular Miniatures) that I bought over 25 years ago, that hadn't seen the light of day for a decade I reckon (last used in a WAB game) to make up a 4 point army.  After an enjoyable I must confess to being quite impressed.  The rules seem pretty straightforward and even in my first game I was able get a hang of most of the basics.

I can see this is a system we'll be using for some time to come.  I like the way the armies aren't that big (its a skirmish game after all), so you don't have to make a massive investment, and can actually afford to have a selection if you want to. Found a company called 'The Dice Bag Lady' that do a 6 point plastic Viking army for only £23 !

I'm definitely going to buy the rule book this weekend, and am thinking about another army to get to use as well as my old Byzantine one.
Here's a listing of the various different factions I found on the web, on the Gosford Gamers web site  (Link).  
-
As normal here's a few pics (of one end of the table) of what was a slightly chaotic 6 sided every man for himself game :)  


-

-

-

No comments: