Saturday 6 December 2014

Recon Wargames Show 2014

Went along to the Recon Wargames Show today.  This is a small local show put on by the Wakefield and District Wargamers Club in the Pudsey Civic Centre.  It it must be over 15 years ago since I last went so I couldn't clearly remember anything about the venue or the show.  Found myself pleasantly surprised all in all.  There was a good mix of traders and selection of games to watch/participate, plus  the food and drink was very reasonably priced.  My only criticism is reserved for the Bring and Buy which was rubbish.  The space available to show the bits for sale was inadequate as was the frontage to view the items, plus there was insufficient depth because it shared the room with several traders.
Found myself tempted by all sorts of goodies, but in the end settled on a purchase of the 'Firefly' board game, a jar of green Basetex and a Flames of War blister pack for £5 containing two CCKWs. Looking forward to getting to grips with the game, as I've read lots of good things about it. Link
-

-

No comments: