Thursday 13 December 2012

First Bolt Action Game

Last Thursday at the Huntingdon & District Wargames Society I had my first game using the 'Bolt Action' rules published by Warlord Games.  I don't have to time to give them much of a review, other than to say I was pleasantly surprised how well they ran.  If I had a choice I'd prefer to use 'Rules Of Engagement', but that said, for a 28mm club game lasting a couple of hours they were just the ticket, and I'm likely to be buying my own copy shortly.  I was on the clean living god fearing Germans side, defending the nice French bocage countryside from the corrupt and drunken Brits and Americans :)   Here's a couple of photos of the tasteful terrain (most of which is the clubs) and Mike Evans nicely painted figs and vehicles.
-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
By way of interest, I took all the photos on my Galaxy SIII smartphone without using any flash assistance.

No comments: