Sunday 7 August 2011

Military & Flying Machines Show - 7 Aug 2011

Yesterday I went to the Military & Flying Machines Show near Upminster organised by the Military Vehicle Trust (MVT). With flying displays, 200 military vehicles and 30 plus groups of Re-enactors, plus Militaria stalls, it felt like a scaled down version of the War And Peace Show. Personally that suited me fine, as War And Peace is such a big event, to do it justice you need to be there a couple of days. The Upminster event was large enough to show a bit of everything without wearing you out in the process. I thoroughly enjoyed the day, and will certainly consider going back next year, probably with my GMC 352. Here is a short video I took of the armour in attendance. The video does not do justice to the condition of the M18 Hellcat which was simply stunning.
-

-
Talking of the 352, when it rained here last week the cab roof leaked as did one of the doors. I plan to sort the door out in the short term, but in the interim I bought an old army tent for £15 at the show, and have draped it over the cab.
-

-

No comments: