Monday 28 October 2013

FIASCO - 27 Oct 2013

On Sunday went over to the Royal Armouries in Leeds for the annual FIASCO wargames convention. Ended up spending a lot more than I first intended ! LOL.  Came back with amongst other things the core elements of a 1,500 Flames of War US Tank Destroyer company in 10mm scale from Pendraken. I was very taken with their M18 Hellcats so ended buying 2 platoons worth. To compliment them I also bought a bunch of Infantry, 105 mm towed Artillery and some 3 x M5 Stuarts.  Being a GMC fan I bought a pack of 3 trucks as well although these are major disappointment being dimensionally all wrong and with virtually no detail.
-

Here's a pic of a great looking 20mm WW2 demo I saw there.
-
- - Pics of the M18 Hellcat I took a liking too.  Plan to get some paint on them ASAP, and post photos of the progress made.
-

Pic of a lovely Star Wars shuttle that I bought that is part of the X-Wing game system.  One of my all time favourite sci-fi spacecraft.
-

1 comment:

John Lambshead said...

I recall making a large model of the shuttle back in the 80s.