Monday 30 November 2009

Carpet Wargaming Over The Weekend

A quiet weekend has just passed here at the 'Vultures Roost' with the management away up seeing her family. This left yours truly in charge of boy (Alex), dog (Jed), rabbit (Tampa)and hogs (guinea pigs called Chocolate and Peanut). Deciding to take advantage of the cheap cinema tickets available on a Saturday morning Alex and I went and saw Monster versus Aliens at the bargain price of £1 each. Quite an entertaining film' although a bit scary in places for some of the younger children in the audience. In the afternoon I dug out a huge box of 25mm Citadel Spacefarers that my good friend John Elwen has left (on loan) with me to use as I want. The painting on them is fine, although the bases needed some attention. I'm part way through apply basetext all 200+ of them at the moment ! Anyway, here's a few photos of a carpet battle we did in our lounge. Alex took the clean-living god-fearing Imperials (in white), while I attacked with the Mercenary space scum ! :)
-
S2DSCF1164
-
S2DSCF1165
-
S2DSCF1170
-
S2DSCF1166
-
S2DSCF1171
-

3 comments:

John E said...

The Imperials were done by spraying with car primer and then applying dark grey enamel thinned down a lot so it ran into the crevices on the figures.

John E said...

For a list of Spacefarers figures and pictures try

http://www.solegends.com/citspacef/index.htm

and

http://www.solegends.com/citspacef/citspacefpics.htm

Vulture said...

Thanks for posting the links John, I'll be checking them out.