Tuesday 4 August 2009

100th POSTING !!

This is the 100th posting on my blog !! As such I've made it a bigger one than normal to mark the occasion. Hopefully those of you who are regulars to my ramblings will continue to find light entertainment in this and my future postings :)
-
This is an excuse of course for a spot of Blackadder Bloopers :)

-
On the gaming front I've been playing lots of Company Of Heroes on the PC recently. A totally top game, especially when my old friend Andy Rolf drops in for the evening and the two of us take on two computer players in skirmish mode in several games. The last one was a really hard fight which went on longer than we had planned, and ended up with us finishing at 1:45 in the morning. Suffice to say we weren't at our sharpest the following day... :)
I've also been busy painting up some more 15mm sci-fi vehicles, and I'm now happy with the results. Hopefully I get a couple of photos taken either today or tomorrow. Talking of favourites here's one I took some years ago of a Chaos Terminator who had somehow got himself involved a game of Space Crusade ! :)
File0014
-
-
Warhammer fantasy mark of chaos - Trailer
I do enjoy a good film / game trailer, and these two are pretty good :) They make me feel like digging out my 28mm Orc Army and giving the 'boyz' an outing :)

-
New Warhammer trailer

-
-
INTERNET GAME - EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON
Check this site out if you want to while away 15 minutes flying the Typhoon, shooting at bad guys :) Link
-
-
THE NEWS & LINKS
-
Bloodhound diary: speed record.
RAF fighter pilot Andy Green intends to get behind the wheel of a car that is capable of reaching 1,000mph (1,609km/h). Powered by a rocket bolted to a Eurofighter-Typhoon jet engine, the Bloodhound car will mount an assault on the land speed record. Link
-
Scott 'to direct Alien prequel'.
Director Sir Ridley Scott is to direct a prequel to seminal sci-fi horror film Alien, according to reports. Link. As a massive fan of the Aliens series having Scott involved in another film is great news,
-
Remains of Gulf War pilot found.
The US military has found the remains of the last American still officially missing in action from the Gulf War. Capt Speicher's remains were found in a remote area of western Iraq. Link
-
Images reveal 'lost' Roman city.
Aerial photographs have revealed the streetplan of a lost Roman city called Altinum, which some scholars regard as a forerunner of Venice. Link
-
Little David - 36 Inch Caliber Mortar.
Check out the size of the crater this makes ! Link
-
Rise of the robot warplanes.
The UK Ministry of Defence's London headquarters yesterday, Thursday 30 July 2009, hosted an exhibition of the latest Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) giving military and civilian staff a chance to gather their own intelligence on the future of military aviation. Link
-
Being Five. Link
-

2 comments:

Donogh said...

I'm just shy of 50 posts myself: so well done, we'll keep visiting!

Mark said...

Well done Mate!

I know what hard work it is maintaining a blog and trying to keep it interesting. So Cheers!

Mark