Tuesday 26 April 2016

Simba Superplay Castle

Following a link posted on one of the Facebook pages it seems that Debenhams (in the UK) are selling off cheap 'Simba Superplay Castles'. For only £21 delivered, I must confess I couldn't resist getting one :)
-

-

-

Orc Warlord makes himself at home :)
-

The keep.
-

-

-

-

-
Currently in the process of painting one of the towers up. I'll post photos of my progress in due course. Currently intending on using it in both Lion and Dragon Rampant games.
-

5 comments:

Herbert West said...

I hope it was my link on Facebook that got you one! Currently painting a tower up myself. Are you going grey or sandstone?

Vulture said...

Hi Herbert, I think it was ! :)
I've sprayed mine in car grey primer, then painted the entire thing (a tower) in a light sand colour for the mortar. I've then painted each individual brick a grey colour. Not happy with the look this far. Need to experiment with some drybrushing various shades. Do you have any pics of your progress ?

Vulture said...

Herbert, I've put a link from my Bog to yours, and have subscribed :) Good stuff on it :)

Herbert West said...

Thanks Vulture. I'm not got beyond priming mine yet; torn between the classic grey look or a more realistic yellow-grey. Mind you, there's enough castle to do two!

Vulture said...

There are some great looking castles nout there, but I'm looking for a quite a beat up look. Used a small part in game last night. Has inspired me to push on with at least 3 walls, gatewall and 4 towers for the moment.