Thursday 14 January 2010

Help For Heroes - Big Battlefield Bike Ride 2010

A work colleague of mine is looking for sponsors to help him raise money for our (UK) wounded servicemen. Please take time to read his message below:

"Dear All,
After watching 'Wounded' on BBC1 last year I felt inspired to go MAD (Make a Difference) and signed myself up for Help for Heroes Big Battlefield Bike Ride 2010

This event takes place during the last week of May this year and we will cover about 350 miles over 4-5 days. Overall, I must raise a minimum of £2200, of which £900 must be paid on 1 Mar 10 and the balance by 1 Jul 10. Please help me to reach this target with generous donations to this worthy charity. I have set up pages with BMyCharity.com and JustGiving.com to make life easier for everyone and so that donations can make use of Gift Aid wherever possible.
(NB although it makes no difference to me, bmycharity.com does not charge, so all your money will go to HfH.)

Although I continue to cycle to and from work as much as possible, my training schedule starts in earnest in the next few weeks, so I am praying that the cold, icy weather will soon give way to something more like spring!

Finally, please feel free to forward this message to anyone that you think might be willing to sponsor me - it would be amazing if I could exceed that minimum figure!

Thank you in advance,

Gerard Bland"

No comments: