Thursday 12 November 2009

Rare Earth Magnets Arrive

Well, the rare earth magnets I ordered off E-Bay arrived yesterday, and I set to work straight away fitting them into Walker that didn't have the torso glued to the hips. My modelling drill has gone MIA so I had to resort to carving the void out in each resin part using a modelling knife. What a totally balling aching job ! LOL, but eventually after an hour or so the magnets would fit flush, so I secured them in using superglue. The end result is excellent it has to be said. The magnets are so strong there is no danger of the torso coming off even if you shake the model upside down, yet the top rotates easily. What I'm going to do now is get some more magnets of differing sizes and see about retrofitting some to my tanks.
-
2009-11-11 ~ S2DSCF0975
-
2009-11-11 ~ S2DSCF0976
-

No comments: