Wednesday 29 May 2013

Newark Air Museum

Had to make a trip down to Grantham today, so took the opportunity on the way to visit by the Newark Air Museum.  For years I have been passing the sign on the A1 and kept thinking to myself "I must drop by there one of these days".  Well today was the day.  The weather was rubbish, but thankfully large elements of the museums collection are under cover.  Well worth a visit.  Here's a small selection of photos.

Phantom
-

Saab Draken

One of the display hangars.
-

H-Bomb
-

Saab Viggen, one of my favourite aircraft.
-

Lighting T4
-

Sea Harrier FRS2.
-

Sea Harrier FRS2.  Sadly no longer in use.
-

Wessex
-

Vulcan with H bomb in the foreground.
-

1 comment:

Fraxinus said...

Great pics I went there over a decade ago must revisit its a superb collection