Friday 5 April 2013

Black Power ACW - Part 2

Back on the 22 March I posted about an American Civil War (ACW) game I was having at my gaming club Link. Well, as planned we continued the game the following week. I was holding out quite well until I screwed up series of critical dice throws and of my 2 Regts failed their Morale rolls, and fled the field of battle. Here is a photo just after this critical moment, with the way seemingly clear for the ungodly Unionists to advance up the hill and win the game.
-

-
Fortunately our overall commander on the Confederate side (John multiple rule-sets Savage) had foreseen such an possibility and had ordered me to move a couple of cannons up just in case. I had been quite happily bombarding a Regt of Chris's cavalry at long range and through a combination of skilful dice rolling (snigger) had kept them out of the game as such. John S however saw the greater danger in the centre, so following his orders I had moved them across to support.
-

-
This happened to be incredibly timely as when the Union advanced after my two Regts fled I was able to give them a blast of canister in their flank. This pic shows the Confederate team in various poses just before I fired (chuckle).
-

-
Their forward Regts did not take it well, and promptly broke and fled the field. At this point the Umpire ended the game (as it was getting pretty late) and called it in our favour, just... My thanks to Theo for organising such a great scenario, and for being such a a good umpire, and my thanks to everyone else for such an enjoyable game.  I'm now going read the rules in detail, and look forward to the next game. -

No comments: