Friday 21 March 2014

WW2 20mm Bolt Action Game

Had a very entertaining 20mm game using the Bolt Action rules at the club last night.  I was on the British side with John and Steve against Andy, Simon and Mick (the Krauts).  The scenario was that an important Allied General had crash-landed in no-mans land and both sides were racing to secure the crash site.
It was one of those nights when the dice gods had decided that I was but a pawn to play with and torture at their leisure. The number of low dice I rolled,  especially 1's was quite amazing.  My team blamed me for losing faith with the dice early on, and because of this said I was the architect of my own bad luck !  Well bollocks to them is what I say, because my bad die rolling spread to them as well ! LOL
Just to get a flavour of what happened, my Air Liaison called in an Air-strike on a juicy target, but because I rolled a 1 it was a rookie pilot who swung by misidentified the target and then went and shot up my team-mates Steve's troops instead !  I then called in an Artillery barrage, but because I rolled a 1 it fell short on top of the observer !!  Fortunately he survived, so I called another in, but again I rolled a one so it landed off table, and so it went on ! LOL  Good fun game though :)
Here's some photos (none of the vehicles or figs are mine).
-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

No comments: